hide closed comments even for Intense Debate

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
marcnyc

Re: hide closed comments even for Intense Debate

Post by marcnyc » 20 May 2010, 19:49

I lost you somewhere in there, you are way smarter than me about these things ;-)

Not sure why you are saying that it doesn't work cause it does...
I have tested to make sure that it would only go away for pages (is_page() is true) and not for posts (is_page() is false) and it seems to work.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 20 May 2010, 20:00

I meant that it would hide it for all "pages" not "posts" (I corrected it in my previous post). Since you have said "if is_page()", all pages, whether or not the "comments closed" message is hidden, will hide it. E.g. If I have a page where comments are closed, but I haven't set this option to hide the message, the message will still be hidden. That may be undesirable.

marcnyc

Post by marcnyc » 20 May 2010, 20:31

I see what you are saying... Yes you are right... It might be undesirable for some people... in my case I didn't want comments on any of the pages so it works for me, but I realize that this wouldn't work for everyone

marcnyc

Post by marcnyc » 23 May 2010, 13:40

Hey Sayontan, I wanted to direct your attention to this post:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/401446

I noticed that the Suffusion header doesn't have this body class and it appears to be a really cool thing so I wanted to point it out, maybe you can add this class in future releases.

graynotgrey

Post by graynotgrey » 17 Jun 2010, 05:00

I had the same issue with Intense Debate on pages where I disabled comments and did not want Intense Debate displayed. It is something that ID should really resolve themselves, but in the meantime, I really appreciate the CSS solution which also helped me hide the author link on pages and the related posts on a sticky post where I did not want it displayed. The Custom Includes feature is great for this. I must note that Sayontan is very patient. This is a long thread and although it is not an issue with Suffusion (a great theme), he still took the time to address it and offer a solution. Thanks Sayontan!

marcnyc

Post by marcnyc » 17 Jun 2010, 09:23

Sayontan is beyond amazing! His personality is a big reason of why I stick with his themes ;-)

Wanted to mention that you can hide authors from within Suffusion, without applying CSS hacks... look in the options