I have been attempting to ask a question regarding the chronolical listing of my posts for the Suffusion theme, because nothing in the support forums seems to help. I have tried code substitution, Custom Post plugin, etc. I want my entries to be listed with the most recent posts listed at the top, with the oldest at the bottom. When I attempt to change ANYTHING it seems to foul up the whole thing. Sometimes my sidebar even ends up on the bottom. I am not adept at codes. I am fairly new at all of this. I love the theme. I want to keep it. I just need help with this ONE thing. You mentioned that my google analytics code was appearing at the bottom. I know. But as long as the theme was FUNCTIONING I didn't want to mess with anything else.
Thanks for your attention.
Dan L Freeburg "danof89" http://gofiggr.com
I think too many plugins are slowing your site down and causing issues.
Try this site to see what i mean.
The important stuff:
* Your web server [188.8.131.52] is working fine.
* Your blog page took 9.24 seconds to fetch. Your web server might be overloaded.
* Your page doesn't include a <head> element.
* Your RSS feed is available.
* Your robots.txt file is missing. Technically speaking a robots.txt file is not required, but it's better to have an empty one than none at all.
* Your blog is indexed by Google (21 results).
* Your blog is indexed by Bing (1 results).
* Your blog seems slow. It took 9.00 seconds to generate the page.
* Your front page is 321 KB long. Consider reducing the number of posts on the front page so it loads faster.
* Your blog is a self-hosted WordPress blog.
For support please visit WordPress.org.
From the headers above.
* Content negotiation for gzip compression makes the response 309640% larger.
* The resource doesn't send Vary consistently.
Then check using this pages below.
http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/?url=http: ... &save=true
Total loading time:
413 (2307.2 KB)
288 (1495.5 KB)
Something is slowing your site down and i suspect its one of your plugins ( if not more ) I suspect too much YouTube stuff on the front page too. 37 scripts and 99 redirections is far too many, that will really slow you down.
Finally, normal wordpress behaviour is to list your most recent posts at the top and older posts at the bottom, is this not happening. ? When i visit your site it looks to be in the correct order, perhaps i am not understanding things correctly, more information please.