Nested Links?

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
peter.lurie

Nested Links?

Post by peter.lurie » 08 Jun 2010, 06:59

Hi Sayontan!
Thanks again for all the amazing new features that pour out of your resources!

A question: I am using Suffusion with WP-Hive, (http://wp-hive.com/pro/ which allows for one main install, and then multiple sub(directory)-websites. (It allows for subdomain or subdirectory sites. I am using multiple subdirectory sites, each of which requires individual tweaking and set up). It is a big undertaking, and I am really looking for ways to streamline.

The site in question is going to be very large and complex. I am using the Top Navigation (in each subsite) to point to the top-level website, and then using the Main NavBar to be subsite-specific.

In order to get the top Nav to point to 'external' site pages, I am using pages with redirects. The problem is that I need to create duplicate pages in every sub-site, and then manually point them to the target pages.

It would radically improve my workflow if I could setup a LinkList and that way I wouldn't have to create pages & redirect them, cutting multiple steps. My wish would be then for nested Links... so that I could have drop-downs, as Ineed to group relevant links, rather than having a long string of Links.

I guess this is probably not possible with WordPress, but maybe I'm just not thinking out of the box.

I hope to hear from you!
Many thanks again, Peter

PS: after paying for WP-Hive, I am battling to get support. And also wondering what the difference in its capabilities, compared to the MU functions imminent with WP3x.

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Nested Links?

Post by sayontan » 08 Jun 2010, 07:08

Peter,
You can try using the "Menu" feature of WP 3.0. That lets you create menus any way you wish.

Regards,
Sayontan.