Thanks and feature tip

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Thanks and feature tip

Post by sayontan » 01 Jul 2010, 00:04

Interesting. I guess something is not working correctly between the Widget Logic plugin and WP 3.0. But here is what you can do. Create the following custom styles:

Code: Select all

#horizontal-outer-widgets-1 {
    display: none;
}
body.home #horizontal-outer-widgets-1 {
    display: inline-block;
}

JesperWe

Post by JesperWe » 01 Jul 2010, 00:19

Yeah that solves it, thanks!

However, just to be clear, since this post kind of morphed into a support question instead of a feature request 8-) I would like to conclude with describing a little more clear the original thought:

If there was a setting in "Visual Effects" > "Sidebar and Widget Areas" where you could specify "Only on front page" for each area, or alternatively have two separate sets for front and rest of site, you would be addressing a very common requests in many WP forums without the user needing to do my little coding change or even using Widget Logic.

Cheers and thx again for you super-rapid support and excellent theme!

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 01 Jul 2010, 00:31

If there was a setting in "Visual Effects" > "Sidebar and Widget Areas" where you could specify "Only on front page" for each area, or alternatively have two separate sets for front and rest of site, you would be addressing a very common requests in many WP forums without the user needing to do my little coding change or even using Widget Logic.
Here is the difficulty with such requests. You have a requirement for doing this on the front page, somebody else will want it for the magazine page, yet somebody else will want it only if your layout styling is "list", someone will want it for specific static pages and so on and so forth. If I start delivering every such permutation I will be coding this theme for a very long time. Instead the easiest way is to rely on something like Widget Logic which has a lot more flexibility in this area. Basically I don't want to redo the work that already exists in a very good plugin.