Disable Main Menus for Templates

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
leadcrafter

Disable Main Menus for Templates

Post by leadcrafter » 12 Jul 2010, 17:47

Hello Sayontan,

I have posted here before and although I have not yet donated to your cause, it is on the list of who to pay back to when it comes around. You've probably heard that all before, so I won't go on. But it should not go unsaid that this is by far the most powerful and complex yet easy to use theme I have found to date. Every time I setup a new site I learn something new about how to best take advantage of its features. You've done a fantastic job of implementing features that are useful and effective and not just fluff.
That being said, I have the smallest of suggestions that would make, in my opinion, this theme a little better.
Have you considered offering a checkbox to enable/disable top and/or main menus from templates? I really like the no-main-menu landing page but to get that it seems I have to disable or hide the menu for all pages. Being able to select that would be really awesome... I think.
Knowing your theme so well, do you know of another way to accomplish this idea?
Anyway - thanks for reading. It's a really great piece of work.
Looking forward to all improvements, even if they aren't mine... :)

Chris

Faolan

Re: Disable Main Menus for Templates

Post by Faolan » 18 Jul 2010, 13:04

Look up Child Themes which is probably the easiest way to do this, and modify the template on a per page basis. This is something I'm experimenting with at the moment along with per post styling.