Modifying Navigation Bar Colors

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
JMatt578

Modifying Navigation Bar Colors

Post by JMatt578 » 18 Jul 2010, 10:37

Hi, I'm using your template for one of my clients and found it to be very helpful. There is one modification that I haven't figured out how to do yet. My client would like me to change the gradient red on the navigation bar when you scroll over it, the magnifying glass by the search and the little red bullet points on the sidebar from the preset red to a darker maroon.

I found that I was able to make the change no problem on the calendar background, but I haven't been able to find an easy spot to modify the rest of the reds that need changing. I saw a custom CSS section, however I wouldn't know how to modify anything with that. Any direction that you can provide would be very helpful!

Thanks,

Jeff

Faolan

Re: Modifying Navigation Bar Colors

Post by Faolan » 18 Jul 2010, 13:00

Use Opera Dragonfly or the Firefox extension Firebug.

First load the page you need to modify.
Choose inspect element by right clicking on it
Then determine what the class/ID is.

Create custom CSS for that.

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Modifying Navigation Bar Colors

Post by sayontan » 19 Jul 2010, 04:43

See this for how to do a similar thing: http://www.aquoid.com/news/2010/02/ther ... es-option/. Go through the CSS tutorials in the post.