new widget area above the header?

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
Honigkuchenwolf

new widget area above the header?

Post by Honigkuchenwolf » 16 Dec 2009, 13:49

Hi,

I know i've seen somewhere a plugin to generate a widget area above the header, which was collapsable (then only a little button was seen on the header). The area was customizable for widgets but sadly doesn't have taken the current themes laypout. First when i've seen it I thought it would be a cool area to put the login field in there, but sadly I don't know anymore where I've found it. But as Sayontan said he thinks about new widget areas I only wanted to share this idea. perhaps it will find his way into the suffusion theme.

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: new widget area above the header?

Post by sayontan » 16 Dec 2009, 13:58

Yes, one of those is in my agenda. Also, a truly tabbed sidebar is on the cards, where you could add any widget, not like the tabbed sidebar that I currently provide.

CeeKay

Post by CeeKay » 12 Feb 2010, 04:23

Hi Soyontan,

Great theme, and absolutely amazed at how often you provide updates, plan on buying you a coffee after payday at the end of the month. Any progress on the above by any chance? (Adding any widgets to the tabbed sidebar)

Cheers dude.

Honigkuchenwolf

Post by Honigkuchenwolf » 23 Feb 2010, 03:15

hehe thx for putting it finally in...

yeah I'm complaining ;)

in my eyes it's pretty pretty cool, but (there comes always a "but") I tried it right now and I've a few problems with it in my eyes... the open button is a little to big (and it seems he has a slightly different lookout than the rest of the theme) and when I open that panel it's left alligned (even I only wanna have one plugin there) and the widget i put in there hasn't the look of my other widgets on the page.

Oh and could it be possible to put that open button not in the area above the header, but at the top of the header? I wanna that my header is the highest on my blog and that only a tiny button lies there on the header corner which allows me to open the widget area...

could this be possible?