RSS feed icons

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
samspritzer

RSS feed icons

Post by samspritzer » 02 Nov 2009, 17:00

Is there anyway to make the RSS feed and RSS comments feed with icons that look like the Twitter icon? And also, not have any of the posts show up as in the case with the standards WP widget?

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: RSS feed icons

Post by sayontan » 02 Nov 2009, 17:15

Not sure if I understood your questions. However, let me try to answer. Are you looking to change the icon that shows up for the "bullet" in the Meta widget? If so, the answer is "yes". You can change it using the "Custom Styles" option in the "Custom CSS, JavaScript and RSS" section.

I couldn't understand the reference to the Twitter icon. Are you referring to the Twitter widget that comes with the theme? The feed there simply uses the "bullet" icon. Do you want to use that?

I also couldn't understand your second question. Which "standard WP widget" are you referring to? And where do you not want to show the posts?

samspritzer

Post by samspritzer » 02 Nov 2009, 17:40

I am sorry I confused you. If you go to my page samspritzer.com/blog2, on the right side you will see the Follow Me on Twitter with the icon. Below that, you will the meta section. I would like to take the Entries RSS and the Comments RSS and give them the same look and feel as the Twitter one and right underneath Twitter. Make sense now?

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 02 Nov 2009, 17:59

Got it. As of today you cannot do that. But I do have a "Subscription" widget in my TO-DO list, which I should be tackling in a couple of weeks at the most. Can you wait?

You can also try making your Twitter widget look like the one below rather than the other way round, by setting it up with a border and a title, FYI.

samspritzer

Post by samspritzer » 02 Nov 2009, 18:00

Of course I can wait. Thanks for the great layout!