Show off?

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
beginner8

Show off?

Post by beginner8 » 12 Jan 2010, 15:51

This is more of a forum request. Maybe a place where users can show off their suffusion based websites? or is there one already?

Kaspr007

Re: Show off?

Post by Kaspr007 » 16 Jan 2010, 18:08

I'll second this request.

Connie

Post by Connie » 17 Jan 2010, 01:45

me too!

migf1

Post by migf1 » 21 Jan 2010, 03:56

That's a nice idea!

It can potentially reveal the true freedom Suffusion gives to the blogger. I'm really stunned and Sayontan keeps surprising us pleasantly in every single release of the theme!

I'm not keen with CSS but I'm tryinng to learn. I've already put a lot of effort (along with Sayontan's amazing support through this forum) into the blog I'm setting up in the last few months.

It's heavily modified through both plugins & custom css (the latter is by no means optimal) and it doesn't work well on IE8. It works fine though on Firefox and hopefully on Safari and Gnome. Those 3 are the only browsers complying to the standards, as far as I know.

Hers is the blog: GVRteam. I'm using a static page with a catchy, 10mb intro video as my front page... so to see the posts page either click inside the video (it may take a while for it to respond) or on the first of the drop-down menus (labeled "Ειδήσεις" - that's the Greek word for "News"). Or go directly to http://gvrteam.gr/portal/news/.

I'm still on Wordpress 2.8.6 and Suffusion 3.0.9, because I'm not sure how many plugins will break if I upgrade (I'm already using 26 of them :lol: ).

So let's bring them on guys, lets see some Suffusion powered blogs/sites!

beginner8

Post by beginner8 » 21 Jan 2010, 12:24

Very cool Migf1! I have not reached completion but hope to have something to show off eventually... but it probably won't be as goodlooking as yours! Hopefully we can see more examples!

migf1

Post by migf1 » 21 Jan 2010, 12:50

Thank you!

I'm pretty sure there are lots of more talented people out there! Bring them on guys :)

Steve

Post by Steve » 23 Jan 2010, 08:14

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Wordpress. I'm attempting to use WP to build a simple website for a non-profit organization (free of charge). Despite my limited knowledge, finding Sayontan's Suffusion theme and this forum has been a breath of fresh air and has made,I believe, this goal possible. I also agree that having a place/site to "showcase" sites made using this theme is a great idea.

If having a showcase site is something that Sayontan would like to have, I would like to contribute by offering to sponsor the hosting of the site for at least one year. It's the least I can do for for all the time and effort Sayontan continues to devote to this theme. Not to mention the people in the forum like Connie who so graciously give of their time and expertise in helping the rest of us. :lol:

Let me know your thoughts!

Blessings to all :D

Colin

Post by Colin » 29 Jan 2010, 07:27

A couple of my sites using this theme are in my signature.

miguael

Post by miguael » 30 Jan 2010, 11:45

Right now I am switching a couple of sites to that theme or create new ones... It's perfect for me on my WPMU Installs, because I can have different looking site with just one theme. And it's a perfect theme for our blog-users, because they can chnage almost everything...! GREAT!

Here are some examples (all in german):

http://www.podcast.prisma-online.org (it's a nice podcast-site for our church
http://www.teens.prisma-online.org (it's a wild Teens-Page for our church)
http://www.berraspektiven.prisma-online.org (here I played around alot, made backgrounds transparent etc... in IE7 it's pretty messed up though - still have to find out why...)

To me it's like a theme-framework, but alot easier and faster to start off!

Ps: I am not a webdesigner or coder or a pro in that business at all. Mainly I am a pastor, who likes to play around in the web :-) So don't expect too much ;-)

Ps2: Those sites will be switched over and changed to suffusion, as soon as I find time for it:
www.young-people.ch (a portal for youth-workers)
www.o2-online.ch (our young-adults-church)

Faolan

Post by Faolan » 31 Jan 2010, 10:49

I'll drop this in here, Suffusion was the main reason I decided to use Wordpress so a big thank you to Sayontan. It currently runs my tutorial site, and I'm looking to expand on the site once I sort out content as it's still squeaky and rough round the edges.

http://blueprint.celticshadows.co.uk