[SOLVED] Thumbnail <a> Link in excerpts

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
notna

[SOLVED] Thumbnail <a> Link in excerpts

Post by notna » 11 Feb 2010, 14:53

Sorely tempted to use this theme for absolutely everything I ever do again on the web - love it - delighted to buy you a coffee lol!

1. Would it be possible to add an option to turn the thumbnails displayed in excerpt views into a linked image (to the post).

2. Would it be possible to add an option to force the "Replacement text for "[...]" in excerpts" to be displayed on all excerpts? That is, making every excerpt display the "[...]" (or whatever it has been customised to) ... the reason for this I hear you ask? If you have a post with one line of text, but 5 or 6 images, it looks like the excerpt is displaying the entire post (and visitors are less likely to click on the post ... not knowing there is more to see).

Hope that makes sense :D

notna
Last edited by notna on 18 Mar 2010, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Thumbnail <a> Link in excerpts

Post by sayontan » 11 Feb 2010, 15:10

I thought the thumbnails are linked to the post. Isn't is working for you?

I can look into the second request.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 11 Feb 2010, 16:36

Probably a problem with the way I used the "Post Thumbnail" feature of WP. If I am not mistaken you are setting the post thumbnails for all your posts (the section on the right side of your Edit Posts screen) and you have probably specified no explicit thumbnail for the "Dissertation – Massive Timber Construction" post.

notna

Post by notna » 11 Feb 2010, 17:29

Wow, you hit the nail right on the head! I've started deleting the custom thumbnails (there was a reason I put them on ... but I've completely forgotten now lol).

Oh, on another note (or in exchange for point 1, which is technically a bug report now) ;) would it be possible to insert an option to change the read-more button in tile view to "Text Only" (i.e. without the background button shape)? It would also (if easily done) be advantages to have this button/text appear in excerpt view, as well as tile view...
[I have updated the link I PM'd you to reflect tile view]

Many Thanks,

notna

[edit - addition]
PS: hope you don't hate me for this ... but ... is it possible to insert the "[...]" in an excerpt, where the "More Tag" has been used to abbreviate a post? [this can be seen in the "UNHCR" post]