Tiles for pages?

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
patmccarthy68

Tiles for pages?

Post by patmccarthy68 » 12 Feb 2010, 12:15

Hi Sayontan,

Love all the new features, especially the tiles layout you've added. I've been working on the same layout with <div>s but it wasn't working at all in IE6. Not suprisingly, your tables solution works and looks great, even in that crap-tastic browser.
So here's my question: Is there an easy way to get the tiles layout working for pages/subpages? I'm using a plugin called "composite post" to list subpage excerpts on certain pages, and I'd like to have the results wrapped in your tiles layout. I've been trying to figure this out and can't get it working. I'd be happy to send you a link to look at, but I don't think my client wants me showing off the new site in any public way yet, so I'll refrain from posting it here.

Thanks so much again for your great theme and support.
You deserve an award or something (besides the coffee I already promised).

Patrick
:D

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Tiles for pages?

Post by sayontan » 12 Feb 2010, 12:21

Pat,
This is not currently possible. One way I could think of is using a short code (which doesn't yet exist). Potentially you could have a short-code that takes parameters like parent post id, before HTML tag and after HTML tag and prints out the output. Not sure if and when I can code this, though, since there are a lot of other complications associated with this.

Sayontan.

patmccarthy68

Re: Tiles for pages?

Post by patmccarthy68 » 12 Feb 2010, 12:54

Kinda what I was thinking. I'll keep digging and if I get it working, I'll let you know.

Thanks again,

Patrick