WordPress reference in footer credit

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
jsimon0201

WordPress reference in footer credit

Post by jsimon0201 » 18 Feb 2010, 11:50

Sayontan,

I love this theme and think you are more than deserving of the credit in the theme's footer. However, I've read a number of security articles online indicating one of the safest things to do to protect a site is to remove any outward references to WordPress so that a bot would have one more obstacle to determining weaknesses in a site.

Is there any chance you could change the credit to simply read "Suffusion theme by Sayontan Sinha" instead? I realize I could manually make the change, but from my understanding the change would be overwritten every time I update the theme,

Thanks again for all your great work!

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: WordPress reference in footer credit

Post by sayontan » 22 Feb 2010, 09:09

I don't think that will give you any advantage. If you open the source of any of your pages, you are going to see references to a folder called wp-content in several places. That is indication enough that your page is a WP page and a bot can easily parse it.