Themed Login

Requests for new features. You cannot post to this forum because new feature requests are not accepted any more.
Forum rules
New feature requests are no longer accepted, so you cannot post to this forum any more.
ggoodlife

Themed Login

Post by ggoodlife » 24 Feb 2010, 15:44

First off, I am sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I did look and didn't see it.

I wish we had a built in way to "Theme the Login". I had been using a plugin for this, but it didn't work very well (sometimes would randomly pull comments from other parts of the site). And though it themed the login....it did it in not the prettiest way IMHO.

Anyhow, what I am now doing is just using the base "Meta" widget in the top slidding bar. When someone goes to login it bring them to this page:

http://eastbounddown.com/wp-login.php

Which shows the wordpress logo and the registration box.

Idealy I would like it to show my header and be able to add some kind of customizable text (i.e. if I wanted instead of it saying "lost password"....I could make it say "did you forget your password" or some quipy remark of somesort.

Basically I want to be able to take away the end user's ability to tell if I want.

Thanks for the help.

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Themed Login

Post by sayontan » 24 Feb 2010, 16:56

No plans to develop this. I have tested the theme with "Theme My Login" and it works fine for me.

ggoodlife

Re: Themed Login

Post by ggoodlife » 25 Feb 2010, 07:10

Okay.

The Theme My Login plugin was the one I was using....but like I said I didn't really like the way it looked (I know it is somewhat customizable).

I was just hoping to have one a bit more integrated with the theme....and maybe more customizable. But not big deal.

I just installed the SimpleModal Login Plugin and it works pretty well, though still not quite as nice as what I think you could make.