Clickable Background Header Image

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
dwlsuffusion

Clickable Background Header Image

Post by dwlsuffusion » 28 Jul 2012, 00:03

I have read some of the posts on this forum, and I still do not understand how to make my header image clickable and linked to a URL. This is a basic feature of any website, and I just don't understand why it is so difficult in Suffusion. Here is my home page with the header image that I would like to be clickable: http://www.deconstructinglucifer.com.

Can someone please explain to me how to do this? Again, I have a Background Header image set up. I know Sayontan says only Foreground Header images are clickable, but guess what? I took out my Background image and uploaded the same image as a Foreground image, and it didn't show up on the screen at all. So forget that.

Please provide a step by step of what I need to do. Please don't just post some code and tell me to insert it somewhere. Explain where I need to go and where I need to insert the code amongst the hundreds of lines of code, for example, in the header.php file.

Thanks! :D
David

Colin

Re: Clickable Background Header Image

Post by Colin » 28 Jul 2012, 00:12

You don't need to insert code anywhere.

Just go to Suffusion Options > Skinning > Header and set it as a foreground image. That is all you need to do.

If it doesn't work there is something else off on your site.

dwlsuffusion

Post by dwlsuffusion » 28 Jul 2012, 00:15

Colin wrote:You don't need to insert code anywhere.

Just go to Suffusion Options > Skinning > Header and set it as a foreground image. That is all you need to do.

If it doesn't work there is something else off on your site.
Thanks for the quick reply, Colin. But as I explained above, when I removed the Background image and then inserted the same image as a Foreground image, the header image did not display. Just blank. Are you saying I need to leave the Background image and also add the same image as a Foreground image?

drake

Post by drake » 28 Jul 2012, 00:23

If you step carefully thorugh all the settings from Suffussion Options -> Skinning -> Header, you can use the image as Foreground Image, which will be clickabile. Right above the field where you upload the image for foreground it is a setting where you need to tell if you use an image or text. If you don't switch that setting to "Use a predefined image or logo", Suffusion will interpret that you wish to use the default text for title.

Also, make sure that you have the default setting at Appearance -> Header (no image) and you don't upload there your logo...

Seems difficult? In other themes you can have only this in header - a image clickabile.... In Suffusion you have tens of possibilities... What if I don't wish to have the image clickabile? Or if I wish just my logo to be clickabile and not entire header... Or if I wish to have a logo clickabile over a generic image in background and also a slider in header, plus some icons for social networks? In Suffusion all of these are possibile...

dwlsuffusion

Post by dwlsuffusion » 28 Jul 2012, 20:28

Well fellas, I finally figured it out.

The problem was under the "Other Graphical Elements" > Header section, under "Blog Title / Header Alignment", I had "Hidden" checked. When I changed that to "Center," there was my header image, and it is clickable.

Just another little detail that you have to make sure is checked in order to get a Clickable Header image. Neither "drake" or "colin" told me to do this...I found it out myself. It needs to be easier than this.

Thanks for your help,
David

Colin

Post by Colin » 28 Jul 2012, 22:59

David,

How are we supposed to know that you have altered the default configuration unless you tell us? You tell us something doesn't work but then don't give us all the information.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 28 Jul 2012, 23:03

dwlsuffusion wrote:It needs to be easier than this.
Actually one of the oldest "How-To" tutorials on this forum tells you what to do: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=250&p=1215#p1215

benjaminb

No Clickable Header Image without text

Post by benjaminb » 12 Apr 2013, 10:14

Hello

First, congratulations on a great theme. posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=11807&sid= ... 349214364b#
I appreciate the tremendous amount of options you offer.
You should know that I am just starting to use your theme
so I may have missed something important.

My goal is to have a
clickable logo/image in the header with no background image or text
The problem I have is that
I can't seem to have a clickable foreground image without text

+++

Suffusion version 4.4.6

Here are the steps I took

1. Appearance > Header
a. made sure that no image file selected
b. unclicked header text because I didn't want a text, just the logo

2. Skinning > Header
I Followed the steps you recommend as one possibility

Default styles of custom styles for header? clicked Custom styles
Header Background Image Type => No image
Header Foreground Image Type => Use a predefined image or logo
Header Foreground Image => Set full image URL

3.Other Graphical Elements > Header
Header Layout Style => Header inside main wrapper
Blog Title/Header Alignment => Left
Description/Sub-Header Alignment => Left
Description = Same Line as header

+++

The result I get is a logo foreground image that is not clickable

If I do this:

Appearance > Header
click to enable Show header text with your image

the logo now becomes clickable!

Cheers

benjaminb

Post by benjaminb » 18 Apr 2013, 10:08

I figured out how to solve my problem,
and make the sub-header disappear.
I was missing this step:

Other Graphical Elements > Header > Description / Sub-Header Alignment > Hidden

as confirmed by Minty.

Charlotte

Post by Charlotte » 03 Aug 2014, 12:46

I have the same problem: the foreground header image is not showing. I followed instructions in this post and checked Other Graphical Elements -> Header -> Blog Title / Header Alignment. Mine is set for Center, not Hidden. I even reset all of the Header options back to the original in Other Graphical Elements -> Header section.

My uploaded foreground image is still not showing. I've been navigating the Suffusion Options trying to find out what has gone wrong at no avail.

Can you help me resolve this issue?

Charlotte