Blogging to a Book -and- Articles

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
paulakey47

Blogging to a Book -and- Articles

Post by paulakey47 » 19 Dec 2012, 12:04

Hello:

I was convinced that WP "The Novelist" theme would help me to do two basic and recurring things:
a) blog a book(s) to almost ebook ready
b) blog articles related to people and places in the blogged book.

An expert from my hosted site: Hostgator, told me that the Novelist did not have suitable sidebars and functions to do these two simple things. He told me that the Molitor organization is not affiliated to Word Press and that "The Novelist" is a poor theme.

I am scared to down load Suffusion and meet the same problems. Can you confirm that I can
blog every day and that your theme will separate "book blogs" from "article blogs."
Do I need any plug-ins, or can you recommend features I can use.

Your Suffusion theme looks remarkable.
Thanks so much
Paula

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Blogging to a Book -and- Articles

Post by sayontan » 19 Dec 2012, 12:37

I actually wasn't able to understand the requirement well enough, unfortunately. Do you mean that you want two categories and you want your book chapters displayed one way and the regular blog posts displayed another way? That is possible, but it will need a small tweak from your side. If you are looking for a side-by-side display like in the Novelist theme, that is going to require a lot more work.

One thing you might want to consider is a specific plugin for a "book" post type, since you might not want it to show up on your front page of aggregated blog posts.

paulakey47

Post by paulakey47 » 21 Dec 2012, 12:53

sayontan wrote:I actually wasn't able to understand the requirement well enough, unfortunately. Do you mean that you want two categories and you want your book chapters displayed one way and the regular blog posts displayed another way? That is possible, but it will need a small tweak from your side. If you are looking for a side-by-side display like in the Novelist theme, that is going to require a lot more work.

One thing you might want to consider is a specific plugin for a "book" post type, since you might not want it to show up on your front page of aggregated blog posts.
Hi Sayontan:
Seasons Greetings - I would like to use Suffusion without too much technical problems. All I will be doing can be placed into two categories: blogging a daily book and I'd like this to go into some form of menu, sidebar that visitors can read each update of the book.
Secondly, I'd like a menu/sidebar just devoted to blogs that are connected to the book or of general interest.
If possible, I'd like to simply blog, say the next pages of the book and post it someway into the story menu. Likewise,
I'd like to blog a post on some general topic and post it or direct it into the 'articles' sidebar or menu.

Basically, all blogs will go 'somehow' into either the "book" or "articles" on the sidebar or menu. Thanks again.

Greetings from a snow falling day in Canada.
Paula
paulakey47@yahoo.ca or http://stories4hotbloodedlesbians.com

paulakey47

Post by paulakey47 » 21 Dec 2012, 13:00

Forgive me, if I have already posted these requirements.

Can Suffusion provide me with some kind of sidebar or menu that will keep my book blogs separate from my articles.
In other words I would have WelcomeBook[/b] Articles comments contact Paula

With the above headings visible to visitors visiting my site - they could go to the Book and see updated chapters or
go to Articles - and see articles connected with the book or articles in general.

I would need the simplest, simplest way of directing all blogs to either of these categories - book or articles.
or would I go into the category, say book and blog my next chapter?

Greetings and please accept apologies if I am just "rambling on" I just want to clarify my needs.
pAULA

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 21 Dec 2012, 22:31

Take a look at http://aquoid.com. At the top you see a menu, with what I consider equivalents of your books. I have a tab for "Themes" and one more for "Plugins", and under Plugins I have all my plugins, and under each plugin I have potentially more pages (Photonic has several child pages, and some child pages have more child pages). I also have an announcements tab, which essentially is my running blog. Note that nothing that I have under Themes or Plugins shows up in my blog feed. They are static pages and whenever I make an update to them I make the announcement via my regular blog. That site is, quite obviously, constructed using Suffusion with rudimentary click-and-set functionality.

paulakey47

Post by paulakey47 » 22 Dec 2012, 19:29

Thank you for taking the time and patience to meet my needs.
I have downloaded the site you referred me to..and will read everything.

I have another question related to my desire to blog to book completion,
Does the plug in Anthologize work with Suffusion or would it conflict with another similar plug in.

Thanks again,
Blessings for the kind work you do for others.
Paula

ganddy

Post by ganddy » 27 Sep 2015, 08:32

Does the plug in Anthologize work with Suffusion or would it conflict with another similar plug in.
Sorry ahead for bumping this up but can anyone please clarify if Anthologize will work with Suffusion?

Colin

Post by Colin » 27 Sep 2015, 09:35

No idea, there are thousands of plugins out there. Why don't you try it and let us know?