Cannot upload photos

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved
Forum rules
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
dogbiscuits

Cannot upload photos

Post by dogbiscuits » 29 May 2013, 09:12

I am new to Suffusion theme, but not to WP. I am having trouble uploading photos. I tried jpg and png and not having any luck. I tried several different photos but keep getting errors in uploading.

"Http Error" is what I get when I try to upload any photo to the media gallery.

This did not happen with other themes so I am perplexed. Any insight? Thanks in advance!

drake

Re: Cannot upload photos

Post by drake » 30 May 2013, 03:40

Not Suffusion are responsible for uploading the pictures, is only a WP issue.

What http error - they are some and need to have a code... a 500 error? Can be a fault of your WP installation.... can be a plugin... the memory allocated for php maybe is not enough... an extra empty line at the end of a php file... Activate WP-DEBUG in wp-config.php, maybe you will be able to see from where it come the error.

dogbiscuits

Post by dogbiscuits » 30 May 2013, 09:24

Hmm, I updated some plugins that should've had nothing to do with it and it worked. Thanks!
Last edited by dogbiscuits on 30 May 2013, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

Colin

Post by Colin » 30 May 2013, 09:52

That looks like a plug-in that you are using for uploading rather than the in-built media uploader.

If that is the case it is probably an incompatibility problem between the Suffusion theme and your plug-in.

dogbiscuits

Post by dogbiscuits » 30 May 2013, 11:49

Colin wrote:That looks like a plug-in that you are using for uploading rather than the in-built media uploader.

If that is the case it is probably an incompatibility problem between the Suffusion theme and your plug-in.
I was using the Media Uploader. That's the window that pops up when I try to upload from file. It seems to work now though. Thank you.

laurevdr

Post by laurevdr » 12 Apr 2017, 08:16

Hello,

I was reading about Suffusion plugin but it seems that the last update was more than a year ago.

Do you still use this or do you recommend another plugin for shortcodes ?

Thanks
Kind Regards
Laure

Colin

Post by Colin » 12 Apr 2017, 12:19

What plugin are you talking about? Suffusion is a theme.

laurevdr

Post by laurevdr » 13 Apr 2017, 02:40

Oooh, I'm sorry.

I was talking about this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/suffusion-shortcodes/.

Colin

Post by Colin » 13 Apr 2017, 03:58

Providing you are using the Suffusion theme the Suffusion Shortcodes plugin works fine. I don't know if it works with any other themes.

laurevdr

Post by laurevdr » 13 Apr 2017, 19:31

That makes sense.
Days to Fitness
Thanks for your quick reply and your help.

Have a great day
Laure