set folder for rotating header images

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
Mindy Joy

set folder for rotating header images

Post by Mindy Joy » 06 Jun 2013, 18:52

i'm having the darndest time doing this. the path is C:\Documents and Settings\Mindy Rutkovitz\My Documents\RoadTripSFTours\Photographs\Website photos\Rotating Header, which i copy and paste into the search bar, but it seems that i am unable to enter the path to this folder under the correct directory, which is /home/content/89/10588389/html/blog/wp-content. my host is godaddy and i uploaded the images from the folder individually, as i am unable to upload the entire folder on my ftp file manager because of java issues. i think the problem is finding and/or creating the directory under wp-content. so frustrating. would appreciate any and all help.

Colin

Re: set folder for rotating header images

Post by Colin » 06 Jun 2013, 23:40

From your description I am not clear what your problem is.

If you are having problems getting images into a place for rotating header images then this is what I would do.

I would create a new folder via ftp or filemanager in wp-content/uploads called rotate. In that folder I would copy all my header images from my local PC. I would then give the full path to Suffusion for the header images as http://mydomain.com/wp-content/uploads/rotate.

Deekstar Comparisons

rotating header images not showing, path to folder correct

Post by Deekstar Comparisons » 10 Jun 2013, 20:38

Hello guys,
I read the post answer above, my header images are in a folder in the right place,
but I am not seeing any headers after choosing 'rotating header images' and then
setting the server path to the folder with 6 images, it is definently correct.
The single header image still works fine when I switch back to it.
At the moment there is a blank space in the header, no rotating header images.
I have been checking all settings, I cannot see anything wrong, it should be simple, no?
Also, have you any website examples of the rotating headers in action?
Thanks in advance
Derek

Colin

Post by Colin » 10 Jun 2013, 23:24

Derek

URL?

drake

Post by drake » 11 Jun 2013, 18:54

No I don't have a sample of such a site, I prefer to use a slider in header. The rotating images changes when you reload the page, the slider changes continuously.

But I saw the rotating images working on many sites - when it was problems, it was only because the users chooses:
- wrong paths (is needed only the relative path, under the path already printed in the backend - if you use the full path, will not work. Also, make sure that the folder don't have spaces or other strange characters in it's name - need to use only western characters, preferably lowercase)
- wrong image names - spaces or other strange characters in image names (need to use only western characters, preferably lowercase)

As Colin said, it help if you post the url of the problematic site - on the link from your signature you don't have Suffusion installed.

Deekstar Comparisons

Post by Deekstar Comparisons » 11 Jun 2013, 20:28

Ok thanks for that drake, I had PM 'd colin tonight with the site details using suffusion,
I will try what you suggest with the actual text names ect
Where do i get a slider for the header? That would be much better, I just want 4 or 5 images sliding slowly with nothing else
,no text or links ect
Cheers for your answer.

drake

Post by drake » 11 Jun 2013, 23:59

Mostly I use the Featured Content slider provided by Suffusion. It have options which let us to make a slider with images only. But I use also Meteor Slides by Josh Leuze, Nivo Slider etc. Almost all plugins will works in Header Widget Area.