vTiger question just to cover my bases

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
bta

vTiger question just to cover my bases

Post by bta » 09 Aug 2013, 09:57

Hi,
My question is most likely not for this forum but I was suggested that I should doublecheck anyway.

The thing is this:
I installed vTiger (a CRM sw) by QuickInstall from cPanel on my Hostgator shared account. I installed it into a folder under my main domain it is here: www.angoliroda.co.uk/belepes . I can use it fine except for a very strange thing.
Every time I login (whether as admin or just a user, it doesn't matter) and edit a record, when I click save, the record gets saved and I am taken to a blank page showing my site's footer only rather than being taken back to the record's page.
But if I log in to wp first and then to vTiger, then it's all OK, I can edit anything, save it and the system works perfectly.

Now, vTiger has a pretty strong community and a quite good support forum, so I asked them about this, but those folks have never seen anything like this. The best they could suggest was to check if no wp files have been overwritten. Since I did not do anything such (as I would be very much out of my depth tampering the files), the only thing I could think of was that there could be some kind of compatibility issue somewhere. I don't think it is between vTiger and Suffusion, I just want to cover the bases.

On the other hand I want to solve this issue as my team members should be able to use the crm and I don't want to give them access to my back-end.
Has anybody ever experienced anything like this, or could you direct me to some solution, please?
Thx a lot.

Colin

Re: vTiger question just to cover my bases

Post by Colin » 09 Aug 2013, 10:58

I have never heard of vTiger so have no idea. Change the theme to 2012 and see if you still have the problem (your Suffusion configuration will be retained as it is in the database. It could also be another plugin or even Wordpress 3.6 that is causing the issue. May be worth disabling all your other plugins too. A lot of plugins are incompatible with WP 3.6

bta

Post by bta » 09 Aug 2013, 16:12

Hi Colin,
Thx for the idea, it worked!
I was right to believe that Suffusion was not the culprit, because 2013 also produced the fault.
Then I followed your advice to turn off the plugins and see and it quickly turned out that my security plugin (why not, eh?) gave me the trouble. I just had to disable 1 feature (the filter for suspicious query strings - whatever this is) and things returned to normal.

I wouldn't have had this idea myself and I am very gratful for your help.
Thx, mate, I do appreciate your input! Have a great day!

ganddy

Post by ganddy » 22 Sep 2015, 06:19

I just had to disable 1 feature (the filter for suspicious query strings - whatever this is) and things returned to normal.
Worked in my case too! Just to let you know. Thanks!