Mobile Usability Issues

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
Colin

Re: Mobile Usability Issues

Post by Colin » 07 May 2015, 03:35

Ally

You need to follow either my advice above or the link in Drakes post above to sort the header issue out.

You also need to sort out your magazine layout in normal use before we can play with the responsive layout. (You have 3 rows of 2 and then 5 posts in the right column).

Ally2

Post by Ally2 » 07 May 2015, 03:53

Thanks Colin for the prompt response.

Ok, sorted the second issue out, thank you for the objective view, it pointed me to the issue - showing 2 categories x 8 posts & in reality 1 category only had 3, so the theme was allowing (waiting) for the other 5.

Regarding issue 1 (the huge space below the header images) I will try again but have been through the earlier posts of this thread many times already.

Sincere thanks.

Ally

Colin

Post by Colin » 07 May 2015, 06:19

Ally

Follow these instructions from me viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31644&start=30#p80762 or Drakes in the post immediately after this particular one.

Ally2

Post by Ally2 » 07 May 2015, 06:46

Thanks again Colin, perfect.

I believe i am now sorted, 2 issues resolved with your assistance :)

Kind regards

Ally

Deekstar Comparisons

Post by Deekstar Comparisons » 07 May 2015, 10:45

guys I just need all the exact code and where to put them to shrink the header bg image, this thread has lots of coding bits.
Drake, I saw your comment and I can't see the header fixed after cache was emptied,
I want to start from scratch here, what works guys?

Thanks, deekstar

Colin

Post by Colin » 07 May 2015, 13:29

You have moved your header image to the foreground and so you need to follow the instructions Drake's link above

bucks

Post by bucks » 26 Jun 2015, 09:20

You guys were a big help getting my blog responsive. A main issue for me was adding the hamburger icon mentioned here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=31644&hilit=hamburg ... =10#p80651

I have since found a small issue - see attached screen cap. On some devices (in this case iPhone 4 and 4s) the hamburger intersects with the search bar. This does not happen on iPhone5 or 5s. Not sure what other devices it happens on.

Is there a way to have the hamburger always right justified so that it does not have a chance to collide with the search bar?

Thanks!
Attachments
blogphoto hamburger.png
blogphoto hamburger.png (24.38 KiB) Viewed 3048 times

drake

Post by drake » 26 Jun 2015, 10:18

You can try to align the "hamburger" always to the left, making room for search form, with:

Code: Select all

.nav-toggle {float: left;}
The code above need to be added at Suffusion Options -> Backend -> Custom Includes -> Custom Styles.