Caption ID visible next to image in Category views

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved
Forum rules
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
elodea

Caption ID visible next to image in Category views

Post by elodea » 23 Apr 2016, 03:17

I use WordPress 4.4.2 and the newest Suffusion theme.
When I add an image in my Category description, the 'visual view' looks fine, but when I go to at 'Look at Category'(so looking at it as a real user, I see the caption ID visible next to the image.
I did a bit a googling and found a perhaps similar problem (for an older version of WordPress and a different theme) at: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/caption-problem ).

I wonder whether this is a bug in Suffusion. And if so, should I wait with adding images to the category pages until the bug gets fixed? Or is there another, simple way to fix it now for myself (without having to alter all kinds of things when the bug gets fixed).

Thanks in advance for your kind help

Colin

Re: Caption ID visible next to image in Category views

Post by Colin » 23 Apr 2016, 05:30

Post your url then we can take a look.

elodea

Post by elodea » 23 Apr 2016, 05:43

Hi Colin, does this help?

[link removed by author]
Last edited by elodea on 24 Apr 2016, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

Colin

Post by Colin » 23 Apr 2016, 06:19

No it doesn't I actually need to see the code on a live page.

elodea

Post by elodea » 23 Apr 2016, 06:33

Hi Colin, I gave the link to a live page. I just used the Google Url shortener.

elodea

Post by elodea » 24 Apr 2016, 12:05

Hi Colin, I wonder why the link doesn't work for you. Anyway, perhaps you prefer the unshortened link: [link removed by author]
Last edited by elodea on 24 Apr 2016, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.

Colin

Post by Colin » 24 Apr 2016, 13:16

Something weird is going on there.

I have never had this issue with over 30 sites using the Suffusion theme. I am therefore certain it is not a bug.

Try disabling all your plugins and see if you still have the same issue. If not re-enable one at a time until the problem reappears.

elodea

Post by elodea » 24 Apr 2016, 23:54

Hi Colin, thanks for having a look. I followed your advice. I guess the bug is in the Yoast SEO Plugin (weirdly this plugin seems to make it possible for me to add images to categories, that is to say, when I deactivate the plugin I don't have the possibility any longer to add images).

I discovered I could add images without a problem as long as I don't use a caption below it.