featured slider and widget disappeared

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved
Forum rules
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
Koh Kah Huat

featured slider and widget disappeared

Post by Koh Kah Huat » 25 Apr 2016, 20:11

Hi,
A few days ago I upgraded Wordpress to 4.5. Today I found that the featured slider (with its images) and widget on my sidebar disappeared.
I've added in the widget in my sidebar but I stil have no clue how to get back the featured slider.
I am running WordPress on my notebook as it is still in development stage.
Appreciate your help.

Thank you,
Koh, Kah Huat

Colin

Re: featured slider and widget disappeared

Post by Colin » 25 Apr 2016, 23:59

This is NOT a bug so I am moving this to the Support Forum.

The slider is nothing to do with the theme, you said in your OP that you updated Wordpress so why would the theme affect your slider. It is your slider plugin that doesn't like Wordpress 4.5 so refer to their support forum.

Koh Kah Huat

Post by Koh Kah Huat » 26 Apr 2016, 15:25

My bad.
I'm using meta slider. It does not have problem on other theme such as delivery lite and hueman.

Koh Kah Huat

Post by Koh Kah Huat » 26 Apr 2016, 19:47

Problem solved. I just add in widget below header. The concern that I have is: why the widget in my sidebar and below header disappeared......