Drop down menus not working

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved
Forum rules
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
lucida

Drop down menus not working

Post by lucida » 04 Sep 2017, 02:53

Hi all,
The drop down menus on the site http://www.womenslandarmy.co.uk have suddenly stopped working. Similarly, when I go to change the Featured Content on the front page, this is no longer showing up. I went to add some Custom Includes in the Suffusion settings, but the Save buttons didn't come up, so I can't make changes. Any ideas on how I can go about rectifying these issues. I have reinstalled my version of Wordpress but to no avail.
Many thanks for your help.

Colin

Re: Drop down menus not working

Post by Colin » 04 Sep 2017, 02:56

I suggest that you try reinstalling Suffusion too.

Also you are better off handling menus in the Wordpress > Appearance > Menus option rather than the Suffusion menu options.

lucida

Post by lucida » 04 Sep 2017, 04:37

Okay - thanks for the advice. Is there a way I can do this without losing all my settings?
Last edited by lucida on 04 Sep 2017, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.

Colin

Post by Colin » 04 Sep 2017, 10:56

You will not lose any Suffusion settings as they are stored in the database. Just to make sure though backup your database just in case you have finger trouble or something unexpected happens.

lucida

Post by lucida » 04 Sep 2017, 14:01

Thank you :-) I'll give it a try!

lucida

Post by lucida » 06 Sep 2017, 23:57

I tried this but unfortunately didn't work.
I checked in Chrome and the following errors came up....any ideas on how I can go about fixing?

json2.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
jquery-3.2.1.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
wordpress_file_upload_functions.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
jquery-migrate-3.0.0.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
suffusion.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
easy-table-script.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
spin.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
jquery.spin.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
slideshow.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
jquery-3.2.1.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
photon.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
jquery-migrate-3.0.0.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
jquery-ui-timepicker-addon.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
json2.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
wpgroho.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
wordpress_file_upload_functions.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
new-tab.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
suffusion.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
jetpack-carousel.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
easy-table-script.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
spin.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
jquery.spin.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
slideshow.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
photon.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
core.min.js:11 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at core.min.js:11
at core.min.js:11
widget.min.js:11 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at widget.min.js:11
at widget.min.js:11
mouse.min.js:11 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at mouse.min.js:11
at mouse.min.js:11
slider.min.js:11 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at slider.min.js:11
at slider.min.js:11
datepicker.min.js:11 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at datepicker.min.js:11
at datepicker.min.js:11
(index):494 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at (index):494
jquery-ui-timepicker-addon.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
wpgroho.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
new-tab.min.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
jetpack-carousel.js Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 (Forbidden)
notes-common-v2.js:158 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at notes-common-v2.js:158
admin-bar-v2.js:69 Uncaught ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined
at admin-bar-v2.js:69

lucida

Post by lucida » 07 Sep 2017, 00:34

I've deactivated a few plug-ins...the issue seems to boil down to the following

Colin

Post by Colin » 07 Sep 2017, 04:57

All those 403 errors point to a permissions issue but exactly what I am sorry I have no idea.

lucida

Post by lucida » 07 Sep 2017, 06:22

Okay - thank you nonetheless.