[SOLVED]How to recover suffusion settings?

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
mbnoimi

[SOLVED]How to recover suffusion settings?

Post by mbnoimi » 11 Dec 2010, 10:57

After updating from 3.6.3 to 3.7.1 I clicked on migrate button by mistake in Migrate settings from version 3.4.3 or lower for that all my settings gone and my website returned to default settings.

How can I recover my suffusion settings before my stupid movement?

PS
I’ve sql dump for my database before update process, I tried to copy suffusion_unified_options & suffusion_options values and replaced them within current database but nothing changed!
Last edited by mbnoimi on 12 Dec 2010, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

mbnoimi

Re: How to recover suffusion settings?

Post by mbnoimi » 12 Dec 2010, 04:40

update, I need your help please.

Colin

Post by Colin » 12 Dec 2010, 08:35

Do another database dump now just in case.

If it was me I would then completely empty the database and then restore your initial backup. If it all goes pear shaped then you have the current backup to fall back on.

There are no guarantees that this will work, it should and it is what I would do.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 12 Dec 2010, 10:12

Bashir,
Not sure if you got this fixed, so let me know. FYI I haven't had access to my laptop (and hence my dev environment) for the past few days, so I have been unable to respond to deep technical issues in detail.

mbnoimi

Post by mbnoimi » 12 Dec 2010, 10:43

Colin wrote:Do another database dump now just in case.

If it was me I would then completely empty the database and then restore your initial backup. If it all goes pear shaped then you have the current backup to fall back on.

There are no guarantees that this will work, it should and it is what I would do.
I can't use this way because I want to keep my current database the dump database is older than the current by a month ago.

mbnoimi

Post by mbnoimi » 12 Dec 2010, 10:46

sayontan wrote:Bashir,
Not sure if you got this fixed, so let me know
No the issue still unfixed, my website looks very ugly and many visitors complain from this issue, so I need urgent help because I'm planning to publish a new open source project soon.

I just want to know where suffusion stores its settings for copying old setting to new one manually.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 12 Dec 2010, 11:31

Not being familiar with your old site I don't know how it looked. It does seem that the current edition of your site is quite customized, so again, I don't know what you are expecting.

If you have an old site active with the 3.6.3 version you could consider exporting the options from there using the tools provided with the theme, then import the settings into your new version (though that too will not fix all your problems). Essentially the process you followed would work to an extent, but not fully. As mentioned in the Migrate page, that is a one-way process and there is no way fully recover from it in most cases.

mbnoimi

Post by mbnoimi » 12 Dec 2010, 19:10

Finally I successfully fixed the issue as following:
  1. Copied wordpress folder to new folder called tmp
  2. Created a new database called tmp with new user for it
  3. Imported dump sql file to tmp database
  4. Modified config.php for new database settings
  5. Logged in website/tmp/wp-admin
  6. Exported suffusion settings
  7. Uploaded suffusion-options.php to suffusion admin/import folder
  8. Logged in website/wp-admin
  9. Imported suffusion settings
The website works fine after some corrections.

Thanks all.