Suffusion Shortcode issue

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved
Forum rules
1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
davidrowell

Suffusion Shortcode issue

Post by davidrowell » 11 Sep 2018, 15:47

Hi

I'm running WP 4.9.8, PHP 7.1, and Suffusion 4.4.9

I've added the Suffusion shortcode plug-in, and hope to use the shortcode [suffusion-loginout]. I have used this before with earlier version software and it is great.

Now when I have it on a page, I get an error message appearing

Warning: Illegal string offset 'redirect' in (directory chain0/suffusion-shortcodes.php on line [402|404]

The line number varies depending on if the user state is currently logged in or logged out.

Can someone help with a fix to this?

Many tks

David.

Colin

Re: Suffusion Shortcode issue

Post by Colin » 11 Sep 2018, 23:01

The shortcode plugin still works fine so this is not a bug and I will move this post to the support forum.

I have never seen [suffusion-loginout] as a valid shortcode before.

As you are on php 7 you should really move to Suffusion 4.5.4 which is available for download on this support forum.

davidrowell

Post by davidrowell » 11 Sep 2018, 23:50

Thanks for the heads-up on 4.5.4. I've updated to that, but the issue remains.

Colin

Post by Colin » 12 Sep 2018, 03:13

I have just checked it on my test site and it works fine. So you probably have a conflict with another plugin. Disable them all and re-enable one at a time until you find the one that causes the failure.

davidrowell

Post by davidrowell » 12 Sep 2018, 09:14

Hi

Thanks for your further look at this.

I just tested it on a brand new WP installation, no other plug-ins installed, and with two different themes (twenty fifteen and twenty seventeen). Problem persists.

I must be doing something wrong. Any idea what? Happy to give you access to the site.

I posted screen captures of my plug-ins and widget code on a page here

https://kingstonheritagepark.com/?page_id=3

and you can see, in the left hand margin, the error.

Does your test site use PHP 7.1 and WP 4.9.8?

Colin

Post by Colin » 12 Sep 2018, 23:24

Yes my test site does use those versions.

Try deleting the plugin and re-deownloading it, that is the only thing I can suggest.

davidrowell

Post by davidrowell » 13 Sep 2018, 00:32

I've duly tried that. All three sites I have it on continue to throw the same error.

Does the error mean anything? I'm not a programmer. Is there anything I can do to resolve it?

Colin

Post by Colin » 13 Sep 2018, 07:57

I have looked at the code but only being an amateur coder there doesn't appear to be anything amiss in lines 402 or 404. So sorry unless Sayontan or Drake chime in I have no clue.

davidrowell

Post by davidrowell » 13 Sep 2018, 09:57

I found another plug-in that does the same thing, indeed, it has some extra functions making it slightly more versatile.

In case anyone else is similarly troubled, it is

Simple Login-Logout Shortcode by Pronto Tools