Featured content / hiding "the comment form is closed"

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
Greg

Featured content / hiding "the comment form is closed"

Post by Greg » 21 Dec 2009, 16:16

Hello Sayontan,

Firstly, thanks for a great theme. I'm super pleased, and your generosity with that and in this support forum doesn't go unnoticed.

Second, a couple of bugs/work-arounds I'm grappling with. My site: www.westernperspective.com/blog

1) If you follow the link, you'll notice that I'm building a static home page. Is it possible to run Featured Content on the home page only? To set it up as it stands, I used the Magazine Template for the home page, but when I disabled "Enable Featured Posts on main (default) page" Featured Content vanished from both "home" and "blog" pages.

2) I read a lengthy thread in the forum on this topic, but didn't find a conclusion. When I check the boxes in "Hide 'comment form closed' on pages" the language remains. See the "contact" page for an easy illustration at http://www.westernperspective.com/blog/?page_id=641. The box for that page is most certainly checked.

3) Finally, this just happened yesterday when setting up the new "home" and "blog" format, but if you scroll to the bottom of any of the pages, you'll notice that your theme credit line and copyright language dropped outside the theme's borders, and onto the bottom of the page.

I did make an error a week or so ago when attempting to edit css in the header when I mistakenly dropped it into the custom javascript window of your (really cool) "custom css, javascript and rss" tab. I didn't notice any immediate changes in page behavior.

Thanks in advance.

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Featured content / hiding "the comment form is closed"

Post by sayontan » 21 Dec 2009, 23:40

Greg,
Try downloading the latest version - it should tackle points #1 (new feature in 3.0.9) and #2 (bug fix corrected in 3.0.6). For #3 go to "Sidebars and Widget Areas", then set the first option to use the JQuery fix.

Sayontan.

Greg

Post by Greg » 22 Jan 2010, 18:44

Thanks, Sayontan,

This is a bit old, but I only just got around to upgrading the theme. I moved the site, too. It's now at www.westernperspective.com.

After upgrading I of course see the ability to hide featured content, which I did on the "blog," which is technically the home page. Featured content is set to display on the magazine template, which is the home page, but it's not running, nor does it run on other pages when I enable it.

As with all of these things it seems there must be a simple fix, but I don't seem to see it.

Thanks again.

-Greg

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 23 Jan 2010, 04:21

See this post: http://www.aquoid.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=590. Try the code fix suggested there.

Greg

Post by Greg » 03 Feb 2010, 17:04

Please pardon my prior post at the aforementioned link. All's sorted out. Thanks again for your help--and for a sharp and versatile theme.

Styling-Designs

Post by Styling-Designs » 30 Jul 2010, 09:02

Sorry for bringing this up again but I am running Wordpress 3.01 and Suffusion 3.5.7 and I'm also not able to get rid of the message:
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Can anybody help me in the right direction?

Thanks

Styling-Designs

Post by Styling-Designs » 30 Jul 2010, 09:30

I don't see there sollution for my problem.

I want to get rid of the message:
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

When disabling coments on pages and post alike.

MasterC3501

Post by MasterC3501 » 30 Jul 2010, 10:32

I have same issue. I currently have version 3.5.7 and came here to report it and saw it was on the top of the forum lol. Looks like the bug has re-risen from its grave. I assume well need a release to fix this yes?

This is in regards to the hiding comment closed on this page feature.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 30 Jul 2010, 10:40

I am not sure what you want me to fix. I have already provided the code that you need to apply - it is linked from this post. So what is the "issue"?