SideBar content shifts to bottom of page

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
vbk

SideBar content shifts to bottom of page

Post by vbk » 27 Jul 2011, 08:16

Some problems are occurring with sidebar content in some themes including Suffusion . The sidebar content is shifting to the end of the page content, if we have certain plugins like Prospress and Jigoshop with custom post types. JigoShop authors has given a solution for the problem. But for some other plugins, it still persists

Some themes work just fine.There is no such problem with default themes Twentyten ,twentyeleven,traction and some theme frameworks like thematic. Can you please suggest me a solution , so that I can use any plugin without this issue on Suffusion

Thank you!

Colin

Re: SideBar content shifts to bottom of page

Post by Colin » 27 Jul 2011, 09:52

This is usually caused by a poorly written plug-in or an unbalanced tag in the page content.

To see where the problem is disable all the widgets in your sidebar. The default ones will then show. If these are correctly positioned you know it is a sidebar widget issue with one of your plugins. Reenable them one by one till you find the problem. If, however, you still have the problem with the default sidebar widgets then it is a problem with your page content. Switch to HTML view in the page editor and check for unbalanced tags.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 27 Jul 2011, 10:31

Some themes work just fine.There is no such problem with default themes Twentyten ,twentyeleven,traction and some theme frameworks like thematic. Can you please suggest me a solution , so that I can use any plugin without this issue on Suffusion
The fact that it works for some themes and not for others doesn't mean anything. Every theme has a different markup that is organic to the theme. If a plugin assumes that a theme has a certain markup then you have problems, because not all themes are coded the same.

Typically a plugin that is trying to build out a front-end screen should give an option for the user to override the screens with custom templates. That is how quite a lot of plugins work, like "Now Reading Reloaded".

Now, you haven't given any URL or link information, so I cannot really make any suggestions, but from another post I gather you are using BP. If that is the case, then I already provide fully detailed instructions on the admin page for Suffusion BuddyPress Pack on how to make any BP plugin work with Suffusion. Follow those and you will be fine.

vbk

Post by vbk » 28 Jul 2011, 00:02

Thanks for your kind help Sayontan and colin !
Now, you haven't given any URL or link information, so I cannot really make any suggestions, but from another post I gather you are using BP. If that is the case, then I already provide fully detailed instructions on the admin page for Suffusion BuddyPress Pack on how to make any BP plugin work with Suffusion.
Sorry for not providing the URL in original post. These are the URL s :test.ffav.in and test2.ffav.in . Problem is on the plugin related pages test.ffav.in / auctions/ and test2.ffav.in / auctions / . Problem persists even after disabling the plugin related side-bar widgets

The installation is not the BuddyPress powered. It is just a Multi-Site environment

These are the FTP login details : User: sayonton at ffav.in and password: last 8 of characters of my email used at forum registration

And these are the Credentials of WP site : shop (user) and test987 (PW)

Thank you !

vbk

Post by vbk » 28 Jul 2011, 22:46

I have just updated the theme base(Suffusion theme directory ) with the template files provided by plugin developer . But the problem still persists

I think, I need to post a link to that post

Does any body have idea about this?

drake

Post by drake » 28 Jul 2011, 23:31

Hi vbk,

You tryied what Sayontan said at first place? In the Suffusion Buddypress Pack plugin, Sayontan give the instructions to make any plugin to works with the theme. Your templates must respect the following structure, and all work fine (I personally tested that).
[HEADER]
<div id="main-col">
<div id="content">
<div <?php suffusion_bp_content_class(); ?> >
[PAGE CONTENT]
</div>
</div>
</div>
[FOOTER]

Note that you shouldn't include the sidebar code – Suffusion's functions take care of that.
I think that the easyest way to create a template that will work with suffusion is to take an existing template (like page.php) an put in div "content" the code from index-auction or whenever (without calls to sidebars, header or footer that's is already present in page.php)... Save with name as template that you need and will work. Maybe you need to make some adjustements (clear some div's etc), but you can playing around with your new template until will look like you wish.

vbk

Post by vbk » 28 Jul 2011, 23:43

If that is the case, then I already provide fully detailed instructions on the admin page for Suffusion BuddyPress Pack on how to make any BP plugin work with Suffusion. Follow those and you will be fine.
drake wrote:Hi vbk,

You tryied what Sayontan said at first place?
This installation type is not BuddyPress. The BuddyPress site I asked in other thread which Sayontan mentioned is another one. I will follow your suggestion and edit the new templates with that structure .Will update this post with if I succeed

Thank you!

vbk

Post by vbk » 29 Jul 2011, 00:06

Drake ,

I have updated the theme . But did n't change any thing. I think there is some thing wrong on my end and not theme. These are the paste bin links : http://pastebin.com/bL3jyWt9 And http://pastebin.com/tNUAUnsv

drake

Post by drake » 29 Jul 2011, 00:47

Did'nt change anything because you dont change anything, just paste all the code from prospress in there. You preserve the call for "sidebars" and you must to eliminate them from your template (lines 83-87 in first file). Instead, if you put prospress widgets in the right place in Suffusion, it will call by get_header() and get_footer() calls from the theme.

So, first replace <?php suffusion_bp_content_class(); ?> with class="prospress-content" end eliminate next 2 div (and delete corresponding </div>)
Then, try to replace just the_loop (from "if have posts...." to last "}" in page.php) with the_loop from prospress (line 23 to 74) in your code. Then try to add div "navigation" if is necessary... and <?php reset query...

Like I said, you need to test step by step, and playing with this pieces of code until looks like you wish.

elbil

Post by elbil » 12 Aug 2011, 02:24

I have the sidebars shifted to the bottom of page problem with jigoshop on the "shop" page. Are there any chance that a future release will be compatible with the current jigoshop? I am not that comfortable doing CSS changes... Is there any other suggested way to solve this?

I posted this Jigoshop problem to the worpress forum and got an answer form the jigoshop support to get in touch with the developer of Suffusion. The forum is here http://wordpress.org/support/topic/plug ... -shop-page
and this is a copy of the first two posts:

---------------------
Elbil:
My shop works fine, and I have also tested the standard PayPal connection with a transaction. BUT, on the shop page, my left and right sidebar are pushed below the shop page. Looks vere strange: http://www.meanderhr.com/shop/ I am using theme Suffusion.
-------------------------
Jigowatt:
Hi elbil, I've taken a look to see if there was an easy fix we could put together for you. Unfortunately it looks like the theme your using just isn't geared up for Jigoshop. I'd suggest getting in touch with the theme developer first off, it would be a great update for them if they were to make the theme work with Jigoshop.

Other than that you've got a couple of options, using CSS you could style Jigoshop yourself, or secondly it might be worth taking a look at our premium themes, already perfected for Jigoshop ( //jigoshop.com/extend/themes/ )

Please get in touch via our community forums if we can help further, http://jigoshop.com/forums/

Jigoshop
----------------------------