SideBar content shifts to bottom of page

General questions pertaining to how certain issues can be resolved. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.

1. No offensive language and no mocking
2. Please do a thorough search before you post something. Trust us, there is a high probability that the question you are asking has been asked previously.
3. No soliciting. You cannot post here soliciting bids for people offer you quotes, or even offer money to people for some work. You will be moderated if you do so. If you are looking for help, please post your request on http://jobs.wordpress.net or http://codepoet.com
4. Please be reasonable. You are getting software and support. For free. Complicated requests from a general purpose theme are not welcome and some volunteers might lose patience with you.
5. Please do your due diligence. If you posted a query and we answered with a link, take the trouble to go through the link contents.
6. Please post with complete information. Requests for help MUST be accompanied with your URL, particularly if you are asking something like "Why am I seeing a blank space?"
sayontan
Site Admin

Re: SideBar content shifts to bottom of page

Post by sayontan » 12 Aug 2011, 08:07

I'd suggest getting in touch with the theme developer first off, it would be a great update for them if they were to make the theme work with Jigoshop.
:-) That is akin to me asking you to get in touch with the plugin developer saying "it would be a great update for them if they were to make the plugin work with Suffusion"!

I have built support for specific plugins before - notably for "Now Reading", which is a plugin I personally use and BuddyPress (and a lot of associated plugins) which others use. The trouble is that a lot of plugins are built on a single case basis, assuming one sidebar and making them work with any other layout needs effort. E.g. What would happen if somebody were to extend Twenty Ten or Twenty Eleven to have 2 sidebars, one on the left and one on the right? That would break your plugin's layout right away.

Anyway, the solution to your question is provided by Jeff to your post on the forum: http://jigoshop.com/user-guide/theming-with-jigoshop/. In that link you will notice this:
If you want to customise these templates you can do so (in an upgrade-safe manner) by copying the files into your theme folder, or copying the files into a folder called jigoshop inside your theme folder.
That is your starting point, except that instead of "copying the files into a folder called jigoshop inside your theme folder", try "copying the files into a folder called jigoshop inside your child theme folder". Then look at the instructions above (pasted by Drake) regarding the template structure. That should take care of things.

Alternatively you can try following the instructions on using template hooks (also in the article linked above) within Jigoshop.

vbk

Post by vbk » 09 Sep 2011, 10:28

Sorry ! I thought I updated the post. Actually I was able to solve the issue on the same day

There is no problem with Jigoshop now

nileda

Post by nileda » 27 Dec 2016, 23:59

Any easy way in non-programmer lay terms to end the Sidebar content shifting to the bottom of the Main Content page, seemingly not due to plugins? Many thanks.

nileda

Post by nileda » 28 Dec 2016, 10:42

Any easy way in non-programmer lay terms to end the Sidebar content shifting to the bottom of the Main Content page, seemingly not due to plugins? Many thanks.

Colin

Post by Colin » 29 Dec 2016, 02:57

@Nileda explain your problem a bit more.

This is usually caused either by a faulty plugin or incorrect coding by you on a page or post with unclosed tags.

nileda

Post by nileda » 29 Dec 2016, 04:26

Thanks, Colin.
1° When Sidebar 1 was on the right, the widgets were systematically shifted to the bottom of the Main Content page.
2° I moved Sidebar 1 on the left, then the widgets superposed (the first post and followings of) the Main Content page.
3° Then I tried to re-move Sidebar 1 on the right but it stayed on the left.
4° Do you recommend any unclosed/unbalanced tags plugin ?

Colin

Post by Colin » 29 Dec 2016, 07:34

It could be any plugin causing the problem so disable them all to see if the problem goes away. If it does re-enable one at a time until the site breaks then you know the problem one.

As to unclosed tags that is don to you to check the HTML markup of the page that has the issue.

Post your url (forum rule #6).

nileda

Post by nileda » 29 Dec 2016, 13:38

I have disabled and re-enabled all plugins, that’s what I meant on December 28 10 :42 by «seemingly not due to plugins ».
The URL (NSFW) is http://exquisiteslave.com.
I have moved some widgets to the Widgets Above Header and to the Widget Area above Footer areas but, although I have selected the No Sidebars option, a sidebar is still on the right and I am unable to move any widget into it.
I am preoccupied by the June 22 announcement (Suffusion Not Available Any More) and comforted by your August 17 on checking compatibility. It would be nice to have a regular communication from Sayontan Sinha on this essential issue other than the Suffusion Shortcodes plugin that is not user friendly for non-programmers.
I suppose that the Suffusion theme was created with some kind of business model.

Thank you, Colin, for your cooperation.

Colin

Post by Colin » 29 Dec 2016, 14:01

I can't see what your problem is as it isn't clear which widgets should be where. It appears that you have four widget areas above your posts.

If you don't want any sidebars you need to change the template assignment in the 'Additional Options for Suffusion' on the edit page or change the default layout to no sidebars.

nileda

Post by nileda » 30 Dec 2016, 09:41

I changed the Default Sidebar Layout to No (Zero) Sidebars but keep getting a sidebar on the right.