Photonic 1.40 Id Bug?

Reports about issues that you encounter in Photonic.

This forum is not actively monitored. For bug reports please post them to https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/photonic/.
lewatson

Photonic 1.40 Id Bug?

Post by lewatson » 09 Jan 2013, 15:11

I've been playing around with Photonic 1.40 on WP 3.5 to display my WP Galleries.

I noticed when I use the Photonic tab from "Add Media" to create the gallery shortcode, the code generated is " id='123,456,786' ". When I preview my post the gallery isn't displayed.

If I edit the shortcode to be " ids='123,456,786' " then the gallery is displayed properly when I preview.

Do I assume correctly the shortcode should read "ids=" instead of "id="?

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Photonic 1.40 Id Bug?

Post by sayontan » 09 Jan 2013, 15:34

No, id is to be used as it is defined in the spec - as a post id with the gallery (a.k.a. the gallery id). In other words, it is analogous to the "Create Gallery" link in the "Add Media" panel.

The "ids" parameter lets you specifically assign image ids (not post id), and this was introduced in 3.5. I haven't changed the plugin's UI to support this yet, but since native gallery invocations work out of the box, the "ids" parameter will work too.

lewatson

Post by lewatson » 09 Jan 2013, 15:49

Thanks sayotan. I am specifying individual images from the media library and not a specific post/page.

Am I understanding you correctly that you are saying the UI will be updated to have two input fields to specify the image source, one to reference images inserted onto a specific page/post (id=) and the other to specify individual images (ids=)?

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 09 Jan 2013, 15:52

lewatson wrote:Am I understanding you correctly that you are saying the UI will be updated to have two input fields to specify the image source, one to reference images inserted onto a specific page/post (id=) and the other to specify individual images (ids=)?
Yes, your understanding is correct.