Zenfolio Gallery View not work

Reports about issues that you encounter in Photonic.

This forum is not actively monitored. For bug reports please post them to https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/photonic/.
wavelet

Zenfolio Gallery View not work

Post by wavelet » 17 Feb 2013, 16:24

I want to use the plugin to embed my Zenfolio gallery. The Photo view and Group Hierarchy view are both working, but the Group view is not. For example, the following short code,
[gallery type='zenfolio' view='group' object_id='p473528244' columns='4' thumb_size='10' ]
Always give this error,
An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again later. If this problem persists, contact Support."
With or without login_name or using friendly url name, the result is same.

BTW, there are some minor issue in Zenfolio setting page, when adding the media,

The first line shows Instagram even it is for Zenfolio
You have to define your Instagram Client ID under Photonic → Settings → Instagram → Instagram Settings
The last two settings, "Number of columns" and "Number of photos to show" seem to be duplicated.

Thanks,

sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Zenfolio Gallery View not work

Post by sayontan » 19 Feb 2013, 05:18

I suspect your group name is incorrect. When I call the API directly (http://www.zenfolio.com/api/1.6/zfapi.asmx?op=LoadGroup) with the group name that you have provided, I get the same error. You can try the call by specifying your "groupId" as p473528244, "level" as Full and "includeChildren" as true.

wavelet

Post by wavelet » 21 Feb 2013, 19:59

Thanks for your reply and the link. Looks like I misunderstood the meaning of 'group', I thought it was gallery, so I put in the gallery name. One reason is that if I choose 'group hierarchy', I did get all galleries.

Then, the question is, is it possible to show just one gallery? If the object_id can also be gallery ID, could you tell me how to get the right gallery ID?

Thanks,

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 22 Feb 2013, 05:12

wavelet

Post by wavelet » 23 Feb 2013, 04:51

Great! Thank you very much.