Temporary image render issue during page load.

Reports about issues that you encounter in Photonic.

This forum is not actively monitored. For bug reports please post them to https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/photonic/.
sayontan
Site Admin

Re: Temporary image render issue during page load.

Post by sayontan » 04 Feb 2016, 02:25

This happens whenever the page is resized.

Basically the whole concept of lightboxes and titles is very tightly coupled with the layout, and more so with the randomized layout. Unfortunately the solution I provided in my response to your previous thread will not work. It will do things correctly the first time, but upon each resize it is failing to clear out the old photos. I don't know why - it will take a lot more investigation from my side.

May I ask, though, as to why don't you want the lightboxes to show up?

hilarycam

Post by hilarycam » 04 Feb 2016, 04:58

Yes, it appears that upon a browser window resize the scroll bar now expands revealing pages of blank space beneath the post. Doh! It does seem to do a nice responsive layout change between horizontal and vertical views on mobile platforms however, just not a desktop browser resize.

This is a shame, I don't understand why a simple removal of a link tag would cause this, but your saying I should revert the photonic.js to it's original state for now (and deal with the links)?

On Lightboxes - I've just never really been a big fan. I want a more ePub magazine feel to the presentation of the images that encourages more browsing, whereas I feel lightboxes are abrupt and clunky.

sayontan
Site Admin

Post by sayontan » 05 Feb 2016, 00:56

Well, turns out that the fix is really, really simple. Here is what you do: right after the code you changed, you will see this line:

Code: Select all

$(elem).append(this.siblings);
Comment it out, i.e., do this:

Code: Select all

//						$(elem).append(this.siblings);

hilarycam

Post by hilarycam » 05 Feb 2016, 06:49

That did the trick again - awesome. Very happy!