problem with merging po-file with existing language file

Translations of Suffusion into other languages. This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Forum rules
This forum is closed with effect from February 2019. Please post future requests on https://github.com/sayontan/suffusion.
Locked
User avatar
Connie
Posts: 1169
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 04:53
Contact:

problem with merging po-file with existing language file

Post by Connie » 07 Jan 2013, 05:36

I get this error when I want to merge / update suffusion.po Version 4.4.4 with an existing language file:

13:26:06: c:\temp\poe6E19.tmp\1input.po:2184: duplicate message definition...
13:26:06: c:\temp\poe6E19.tmp\1input.po:300: ...this is the location of the first definition
13:26:06: C:\Anwendungen\Netz\Editoren\Poedit\bin\msgmerge.exe: found 1 fatal error

I can't get over that error and I do not know how to find these duplicate entries.....

Cheers, Connie

sayontan
Site Admin
Posts: 10210
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 16:39
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Re: problem with merging po-file with existing language file

Post by sayontan » 07 Jan 2013, 06:24

Connie,
Have you tried getting the files directly from the translation pool? German is already translated there: http://pool.aquoid.com/translations/projects/suffusion

User avatar
Connie
Posts: 1169
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 04:53
Contact:

Re: problem with merging po-file with existing language file

Post by Connie » 07 Jan 2013, 15:12

Hi Sayontan,

no I didn't because the pool shows that the file is translated around 90% ...
I wanted to check mine because I have some special textstrings...

will check, but the problem with the updating of an existing file with the suffusion.po-catalogue still remains...

Cheers, Connie

sayontan
Site Admin
Posts: 10210
Joined: 15 Sep 2009, 16:39
Location: Houston, Texas
Contact:

Re: problem with merging po-file with existing language file

Post by sayontan » 07 Jan 2013, 15:17

Connie wrote:no I didn't because the pool shows that the file is translated around 90% ...
The files there are 100% translated, not 90%.

Regarding the duplicate strings, that might be a problem with POEdit rather than with the translation file. There are two strings as reported, but their contexts are different (and this file is generated by software provided by the WP folks).

User avatar
Connie
Posts: 1169
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 04:53
Contact:

Re: problem with merging po-file with existing language file

Post by Connie » 12 Jan 2013, 04:11

thanks for the info!

I will check these files and try to edit with another editor for my purposes...

have a good day!

Connie

mbrsolution
Posts: 92
Joined: 01 Jan 2012, 15:58
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: problem with merging po-file with existing language file

Post by mbrsolution » 25 Dec 2018, 04:44

Hi WarnerMic, please check the following tutorial https://mbrsolution.com/wordpress/edit- ... poedit.php. Let me know if this helps you.

Thank you

Locked