Skinning is changing on its own

General questions on how to do things using Photonic.

This forum is not actively monitored. For support topics please post them to https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/photonic/.
ckwimberly

Skinning is changing on its own

Post by ckwimberly » 12 Aug 2015, 16:24

I have a weird thing happening. My site,IAALJ.ORG, has used a light gray skinning theme since its been created. I went to the site today and it appears to be using the blue skinning. I logged in and it turned back to gray theme, however, using a different computer, the site comes up using the blue skinning - has any of you experienced this? BTW - I have no mark-up errors.

Craig

ckwimberly

Re: Skinning is changing on its own

Post by ckwimberly » 17 Aug 2015, 04:31

Hey Guys, this is a real issue. Someone should want to take a look at this.

Craig

drake

Post by drake » 17 Aug 2015, 17:37

Have you tried to clear WPFC caches? Have you tried different settings for WPFC, not always minifying or combining CSS and JS works.

What is settled at Suffusion Options -> Backend -> Site Optimization? Better is to have "Auto-generate the CSS and print it in the HTML source (Least load on server, ugly page source code)" (clear again WPFC caches.)

If nothing works, try to disable the plugins to see what happens. Something block access to CSS files which appear commented in html source - maybe WPFC block other resources for delivering its own minified/combined CSS file.

ckwimberly

Post by ckwimberly » 20 Aug 2015, 16:26

Drake, thanks for the support. It was indeed the WP fastest Cache plugin that was causing the problem. I turned off both 'minify css' and 'combine css' and the problem was eliminated. The interesting thing is that I had been running WPFC with those settings for over a year without seeing the problem until very recently.

Net bottom line: problem solved with your excellent assistance.

Thanks,Wimberly.