newbie to wp

General questions on how to do things using Photonic.

This forum is not actively monitored. For support topics please post them to https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/photonic/.
jimeverhart

newbie to wp

Post by jimeverhart » 21 Jun 2016, 01:28

I have downloaded this theme just not sure how to install into WP. I have always used the themes and selected a theme and then activated. Sufussion shows as not there so I found it and downloaded just need to know how to install into WP.

Colin

Re: newbie to wp

Post by Colin » 21 Jun 2016, 02:04

This is the same as adding any new theme Suffusion is no different. In Appearance > Themes select Add New and then enter Suffusion in the search box it will then download and install for you and then you just activate it.

jimeverhart

Post by jimeverhart » 21 Jun 2016, 03:49

Suffusion shows as not available on WP.com. Do I have to use a hosted account like godaddy to use this theme or am I missing something on WP.com?

Colin

Post by Colin » 21 Jun 2016, 03:56

The themes you can used on .com are very limited and Suffusion is not one of them. You need a self hosted Wordpress instance.

jimeverhart

Post by jimeverhart » 21 Jun 2016, 04:24

My thought for using the free version was if for some reason the hosted version went a way for instance since I am getting elderly is there a way to save the post in that theme or do I need to post my blog on the free site in one theme and the same post in suffusion on my hosted site too. I really like suffusion. I guess a better question is if I use the hosted site is there a way to keep a local copy on my computer? I have a local copy of my website that was created in Microsoft Expression and each page is kept local as well as FTP uploaded to my GO-Daddy account. Just wanting to protect my post for my family. Or is there a similar theme to suffusion that will work on WP.com? Thanks for you help and time.