Version 3.0.6 was approved yesterday (10th December) and version 3.0.7 was submitted today for approval. Here are the main features of these releases:
- Introduced a new widget called “Category Posts”. In this widget you can display the latest x posts form a particular category. It is integrated with the Category Icons plugin and also allows you to specify a custom image for the widget. This widget is eventually intended to go into the next version of the magazine template. I intend to provide further widgets for different components that I have built, like the tabbed widgets, featured posts, excerpt blocks, headlines etc. which will let you place the widgets wherever required. Stay tuned.
- Fixed a bug in the Comments section, which was failing to prevent the “Comments Closed” message for certain pages.
- Added an option to block the “Comments Closed” message for posts.
- Fixed a bug that was causing child pages in the navigation bar to display even if not selected
- Fixed a bug in the Featured Content display where if no categories were selected it was showing all posts.
I don’t know when 3.0.7 will be approved, but when it is, it should solve some of the problems that folks are facing.