Using Photonic with simple parameters the gallery short-code can now be used to display almost everything from Flickr:
You can also control various skinning aspects of how the thumbnails are displayed.
Obtaining an API Key (🔗)
Use of the Flickr capabilities in Photonic requires a Flickr API key. Obtaining a Key for Flickr is easy but essential. To get one:
- Go to the Flickr App Garden page.
- Determine if you require a commercial or non-commercial key, and then click on the link that says “Apply for your key online now“. On the resultant page click on the option applicable to you.
- You will be brought to a page where you can fill out details of your request.
- Click “SUBMIT”, and you will be taken to a page that looks like this:
The above can be seen from https://www.flickr.com/services/apps/by/your-user-name as well.
- Copy the information into the Flickr Settings page of Photonic, reachable from Photonic → Settings → Flickr → Flickr Settings:
- Save the Photonic settings.
That’s it! You are now ready to roll with Photonic for Flickr, now!