Version 3.1.6 was released today. It had some big features and some small bug fixes:
- New Widgets
- Added a “Google Translator” widget for users to provide an automatic translation option for their pages
- Added a “Follow Me” widget. This will let people add a “subscription email” feed and links to popular social networking sites like Delicious, Digg, Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. As usual, the widget is loaded with options like variable icon sizes, multiple nice-looking icons etc. It has been pointed out that there is an incompatibility between this widget and PHP 4. I have already submitted a patch for this.
- New Greek Translation – Thanks to Harry Karayannis! You can use the translation el_GR.
- Bug fixes
- There was a bug in the default 1st sidebar setup, where the JQuery fix was not being applied. This has been fixed. Mind you, you wouldn’t see the problem if you had added your own widgets to the sidebars.
- Fixed a bug in the SEO mode, where the SEO options were being displayed even if not selected.
- IE6 Enhancements – Yes, support for the fossil lives on. I had to make some small fixes to make sure that there weren’t any rude jolts for IE6 users”
- Search button icons were showing with a dull gray background. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug where displaying the home icon in the navigation bar was causing the line below the navigation bar to shift down.
- Another bug was causing the right margin on a left sidebar to disappear if there were two sidebars. This has been fixed (it used to affect IE7 as well)
- Other Enhancements
- I modified the CSS loading order to ensure that style.css is loaded in parallel with the other CSS files (and not loaded from them). This can speed up load times by 1-2 seconds
- I also added an option to control the delay and the fade-in effect in the drop-down menu, as requested by a few users.
Now, coming to the PHP 4 incompatibility with this release, as I said, I have already submitted the fix. For users facing an issue with the theme not activating, please follow these steps:
- Download the suffusion-subscription.zip file.
- Unzip it to get suffusion-subscription.php
- Take this file and overwrite the one in the widgets folder: wp-content/themes/suffusion/widgets