A Happy New Year to all users of my themes and plugins!
With the New Year comes a new release of Photonic, version 1.51. I have been gradually ramping up the functionality of what happens to be my favourite plugin, and this time I have introduced what is a pretty big feature – tiled layouts! Jetpack users are familiar with the “Tiled Gallery” layout that it has, however the implementation in Jetpack was a lot simpler. Since Jetpack only deals with images in the user’s
With this release and the the previous one (1.50), there is essentially a complete transformation in how you present your external galleries, to wit:
- Pick Swipebox as your lightbox (Photonic → Settings → Generic Options → Generic Settings). This lets you use gestures on touch-enabled devices.
- Enable tiled layouts (Photonic → Settings → Generic Options → Layouts)
- Bypass the interim popup panel wherever you would originally see one (Photonic → Settings → Generic Options → Popup Panel)
With the above, you move away completely from the traditional grid of tiled thumbnails, and make your galleries look a lot more appealing. I will be focusing on such changes over the next few releases.
The other things I put into this release are all minor bug-fixes:
- I fixed an issue with applying borders and padding to “in-page” Flickr photos.
- While bypassing the popup, Swipebox would report an error if the photo descriptions were multi-line. This has been addressed.
- This was a remnant from a much older version of JQuery – upon saving the options, the backend wasn’t showing the last used screen. This should now be fixed.
Hope you enjoy this release.