The Photonic plugin provides photo-blogging extensions to the WordPress
gallery shortcode. Along with support for Flickr, Picasa and 500px, it provides a host of added functionality with JQuery goodness:
- Standard WordPress galleries can be displayed as slideshows either automatically or upon clicking on a thumbnail.
- With simple parameters the gallery short-code can now be used to display almost everything from Flickr:
- You can also display a Picasa web-album with this extension.
- Photos from 500px can be displayed quite easily too.
- SmugMug support is built into the plugin as well:
- The following JS libraries are supported for slideshows:
- While the basis of the plugin is the tweaking of a shortcode, it can get challenging to remember all the different parameters of the shortcode. So Photonic bundles an insertion script with the Add Image media button in your admin panel:
The plugin is distributed through the WordPress plugin repository and is supported on the Support Forum.