Good news for people asking for a narrower main page – I brought it down to 1000px. The difference is imperceptible, but users concerned about low-res monitors can now breathe easy. In a subsequent release I am going to make the width configurable.
I also put in a few other features:
- Dynamic gradient images in the header
Current development work includes:
- Configurable overall width – I have been scratching my head about the 2 and 3 column formats for this. In the “Sidebar Setup” section I currently have some options defined for adjustment in case you use 2 sidebars, so I now need to figure out how to tackle this with configurable widths. One option could be to allow the sidebar widths to be configurable as well, but I really don’t want to go there – you can easily end up wrecking cross-browser compatibility.
- Internationalization – I cannot believe I forgot to mention this in my last post. I am going to tackle internationalization pretty soon.
- Extra widget areas – I guess I will have a “complete” theme when I provide this.
- Segregation of comments and trackbacks / pingbacks / tweetbacks
Anyone with any other suggestions?